Get Involved & Donations
100% of monetary donations go directly to the purchase of shoes, clothing, and coats for needy children in Stark County. Rest assured that all donations stay in our local communities. After all, it’s all about the kids!
Donate online or mail your donation to:
Canton Ex-Newsboys Association
PO Box 20124
Canton, Ohio 44701-0124
The Canton Ex-Newsboys have many volunteer opportunities available to further our cause in caring for needy children. Join a committee to help us achieve our goals and help the children in Stark County.
- Volunteer at a Fundraising Event
- Help Pass Out Charity Newspapers
- Join a Committee
- and more!
The Canton Ex-Newsboys organization has a number of volunteer occasions and membership committees. Join a committee to help us achieve our goals and reach children in need of clothing and shoes.
- Fundraising/Events Committee
- Membership Committee
- Requisition Committee
- Public Relations Committee
Become a Member
For only $20 per year, you can become a member of the Canton Ex-Newsboys! These member dues cover all operating expenses of the organization, ensuring that all donations go directly to the children. Members are able to attend the five general meetings each year to receive updates and have the opportunity to volunteer.
How new members can get involved:
- Events: Plan and coordinate events to raise funds and monetary support for the Canton Ex-Newsboys. Core events include a booth at the Stark County Fair in September and a banquet and charity paper sale in December.
- Finance: Review the books at the end of the fiscal year and prepare all tax and 501c3 information needed. Prepare financial reports to the Canton Ex-Newsboys members.
- Membership: Recruit new members to help cover operating expenses and share volunteer opportunities available throughout the year.
- Newsboys Hall of Fame: Review recommendations to make sure they meet our criteria to enter the newsboys Hall of Fame.
- Public Relations: Coordinate with local media and committee chairs to ensure awareness of the organization in Stark County communities.
- Requisitions: Work closely with representatives at Stark County schools to receive confidential applications for children in need. Plan, prepare and review applications for those in need of shoes and clothing. Coordinate with JCPenney to supplies new shoes and clothing.